Enrol and start swimming today!
YMCA Swimming Lessons help students develop healthy habits and safe water practices they will carry with them for life.
Running 48 weeks of the year, YMCA Swimming Lessons help establish a lifelong appreciation for the water and vital survival skills. As an AUSTSWIM recognised swimming centre, you can rest assured that students will receive the best aquatic education available with nationally accredited swimming instructors.
Swimming strokes such as freestyle and backstroke are an important part of swimming. However it's vital that students learn personal survival skills to improve their safety at the pool, rivers, lakes and the ocean.
Getting started with swimming lessons is easy. Regardless of your ability, age, cultural background, fears or phobias – there is a class just for you.
Take a look at our range of swimming lesson levels below to get started.
Swimming lesson prices
The below prices apply across all swimming levels. Payment is taken fortnightly by direct debit, with the total cost spread out across the year.
Type Per lesson cost Fortnightly direct debit Swimming lesson (infants to school age)*
*Includes four make up lessons
$19.20 $38.40 Private 1:1 swimming lesson (infants to school age)*
*No make up lessons
$26.75 $53.50 12 week swimming lesson block (infants to school age)*
*Upfront payment, one make-up lesson
N/A $246.00 Swimming lesson (adult) $19.20 $38.40 Private 1:1 swimming lesson (adult) $26.75 $53.50
- Prices are effective July 1 2022
Students are entitled to unlimited pool use during the centre’s opening hours (except warm water pool) and at Baw Baw Pools.
- Immediate family are able to access the pool free of charge two hours before and after the lesson time (except warm water pool).
- On non-lesson days, for students enrolled in parent / child classes, swimming lesson membership entitles one adult to accompany the child at no cost for a swim (parent and child must enter facility together).
- On non-lesson days, for students enrolled in lessons not requiring parental assistance, membership entitles one adult to accompany the child to spectate at no cost. If the adult wishes to swim, they must pay full / concession entry.
- Prices are effective July 1 2022
Participants will also enjoy:
- unlimited access to the Warragul Leisure Centre and Baw Baw Pools outside of lesson times;
- regular feedback on progress and a certificate after they complete each level via Swim Desk.
YMCA Swimming Lessons also include:
- no start up fees, no lock in contracts, no cancellation penalties (14 days' notice required);
- 33 week guarentee progression policy (conditions apply);
- convenient make-up lesson policy;
- free three week break over summer and one week break over winter.
Make-up lesson policy
- Four make-up lessons per student, per calendar year
- One additional make-up lesson per public holiday (during lesson weeks)
- All use of make-up lessons are subject to availability
- Make-up lessons cannot be cancelled and re-booked
- Lesson must be cancelled before your lesson time on the day by phone (03 5623 4017) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Make-up lesson must be used within two weeks of missed lesson, only after the date of the cancelled lesson
- Lesson suspension is available with a medical certificate (minimum two weeks)
- Make-up lessons cannot be used after a membership has been cancelled
- Make-up lessons are not transferable (cannot be redeemed for cash or account credit)
- If swimming lessons are cancelled and re-joined in the same calendar year, the make-up lesson balance resumes as per date of cancellation
We understand that sometimes you may have to miss a swimming lesson, so we have an absence request form that you can use to let us know if this is the case. As a member, each swimmer enrolled in a lesson is eligible to four make-up lessons per calendar year.
To inform us of you or your child’s absence request we only require verbal confirmation unless it is medical, then we require a medical certificate; we will then be in touch to arrange a make-up lesson.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
YMCA Victoria is a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a responsible person 16 and over and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by GRAC staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a responsible person 16 and over. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by GRAC staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website.